This pesto and veggie frittata is the ultimate breakfast, lunch or dinner. Serve it with a fresh green salad for the perfect meal.
For a meatier option, simply add fried chorizo slices.
Recipe and styling by Nomvuselelo Mncube
Photograph by Dylan Swart
Pesto and veggie frittata
- olive oil, to fry
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 8 extra-large eggs
- 200ml milk
- 1 handful dill, chopped
- 1 small handful mint leaves, chopped
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 100g basil pesto
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 400g Rosa tomatoes, some whole and others halved
- basil leaves, to serve
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped (to garnish)
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Heat a glug olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, 3 minutes or to a light golden colour. Set aside until needed.
Place the eggs, milk, dill, mint leaves, feta and basil pesto in a large bowl, season to taste and whisk to combine. Add the Rosa tomatoes and stir through.
Pour the egg mixture into a non-stick, ovenproof pan (26cm in diameter). Bake the frittata in the oven, about 40 minutes or until just cooked through. Serve with basil leaves and chopped fresh parsley to garnish.