This tasty flu-fighting spinach, broccoli and peanut stir-fry meal has a combination of vitamin C, “good” fats, the “superfood” garlic and the ancient cold-busting remedy of ginger. To good health!
Spinach, broccoli and peanut stir-fry
- 300g Chinese instant egg noodles
- 30ml sesame oil
- 1 green pepper, seeded and julienned
- 125g tenderstem broccoli, sliced
- 100g baby spinach, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 20ml fresh ginger, finely chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 50ml soy sauce
- 50g raw peanuts, crushed, plus extra to serve
Place the noodles in a deep bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside until the noodles are soft, about 20 minutes. Drain.
Heat the sesame oil in a wok or a deep frying pan. Add the pepper, broccoli and spinach and stir-fry until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, ginger and zest.
Add the soy sauce and peanuts and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
Toss in the noodles to combine well. Serve with extra peanuts while still hot.