A quick and easy ice cream, perfect for warm summer days.
Recipe and styling by Nomvuselelo Mncube
Photograph by Dylan Swart
Strawberry and salted nuts ice cream
- 250ml (1 cup) double-thick/ thick cream
- 150g icing sugar, sifted
- 500ml (2 cups) fresh cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 100g mixed salted nuts, roughly chopped
- seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- large pinch salt
- 500g fresh strawberries, mashed + extra, to garnish
- fresh mint leaves, to garnish
Use a free-standing mixer or an electric handheld beater to whisk the double-thick/thick cream and icing sugar together until thick and smooth. Fold in the freshly whipped cream, salted nuts, vanilla seeds, salt and mashed strawberries.
Transfer the mixture to a freezer-proof bowl and freeze until firm, about 6 hours. Remove from freezer about 10 minutes before serving.
Enjoy scoops of the ice cream garnished with the fresh strawberries and mint leaves.