This three-bean salad is a blend of kidney beans, green beans, and butter beans, all tossed in a sweet and savoury dressing. A classic salad that’s easy to make and is the perfect addition to almost any meal!
Make this three-bean salad recipe:
- 240g Red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 240g Butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes or until just tender. Place the green beans in a bowl of ice water to cool, then drain and pat dry.
Place the kidney beans, butter beans, green beans, red onion and parsley in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the beans and toss to coat. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the salad for at least 2 hours or up to three days, then serve.
Made this three-bean salad recipe? Tag us @foodandhomesa #CookingWithFH on Instagram!
ALSO SEE: White bean salad