Quick, easy and delicious.
Recipe and styling by Sarah Dall
Photograph by Myburgh du Plessis
White bean salad
- 1 corn on the cob, kernels sliced off
- 110g (1 cup) red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 x 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 100g mango, diced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds, to garnish
- 8 picked mint leaves, to garnish
- 50ml olive oil
- 50ml mango juice
- 50ml vegan MCC brut (we used Graham Beck)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the salad, in a hot pan, dry-fry the corn until slightly blackened. Remove and set aside. Arrange the salad ingredients in a deconstructed fashion in a large salad bowl and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and mint leaves.
For the dressing, combine all the ingredients together in a clean jar with a lid. Seal with the lid and shake well. Drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.