White chocolate and lavender scones
- 1 quantity of scone mixture OR 40g (¼ cup) butter, cubed
- 280g (2 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- a pinch of salt
- 5ml (1 tsp) organic dried lavender, crushed
- 60ml (¼ cup) white chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 200ml fresh pouring cream
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE GLAZE
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- 50g butter
- 50ml fresh pouring cream
Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a baking tray.
Rub butter into the flour and salt, and add lavender and white chocolate chips.
Whisk the egg and cream together and pour into the dry mixture. Use a knife to ‘cut in’ the mixture until it comes together.
Tip the mixture out onto a floured work surface and gently flatten or roll out. 5 Cut out scones with a pastry cutter andplace on the baking tray. Brush the tops with extra cream and bake until risen and golden, about 15 minutes.
For the ganache glaze, place the ganache ingredients in the top of a double bowl and stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture forms a smooth glaze. Do not boil.
Spread over the scones and serve.