The Strong Holder is not for the fainthearted! This brainchild of Domenico De Lorenzo and Dino Batista, liquid chefs of Molecular Bars, is robustly delicious. Enjoy after a long day.
Consult the Mama Africa for the sugar syrup recipe.
Strong Holder cocktailPrint Recipe
- 25ml (full shot glass) Kraken Black Spiced Rum
- 25ml (full shot glass) Stolichnaya Vodka
- 12,5ml (½ shot glass) sugar syrup (refer to Mama Africa cocktail recipe)
- 25ml (full shot glass) Sour Mix (see cook’s tip below)
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) vanilla essence
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- ½ beaten egg
- 90ml dark lager
- ice cubes
- ground nutmeg or ground cinnamon, to serve
Add all of the ingredients except the dark lager, ice cubes and nutmeg to a cocktail shaker and dry shake.
Add the ice cubes and wet shake.
Strain the cocktail into an enamel cup, add the lager and sprinkle with ground nutmeg or ground cinnamon.
Domenico's tip: Make your own Sour Mix by combining same quantities of sugar syrup and fresh lemon juice.