If you are planning a big party or event and you are not sure how much food to cater for each person attending, use our guide on catering quantities per person below.
When you are catering an event, catering too much or too little can always be a concern. This guide on catering quantities are typical portion sizes you can serve per person and will ensure that your guests will not leave your dinner party or event hungry.
- Beef fillet: 200g per person
- Beef joints on the bone: 320g per person
- Canapés: 4 – 5 with drinks; 10 – 14 for main per person
- Chicken breasts: 1 per person
- Whole chicken: 1,5kg will feed 4
- Fish fillets: 180g – 200g per person
- Lamb chops: 2 per person
- Cubed lamb: 225g trimmed per person
- Lamb cutlets: 3 – 4 per person
- Mince for burgers and pies: 170g per person
- Mince for pasta:110g per person
- Pasta: 80g for a starter; 100g for main per person
- Potatoes: 110g – 185g per person
- Shelled prawns:150g for a starter; 300g for main per person
- Rice: 60g for a starter; 30g for a side dish per person
- Soup: 300ml for a starter; 500ml for main per person
If you are unsure of what recipes to cook for a large crowd, then try one of these delicious crowd-pleasing recipes:
Great for when you have guests coming over or need to feed a large crowd! The mildness of Emmental is particularly delicious when accompanied by smokiness and freshness. Emmental, crispy bacon and rosemary baked sliders are the perfect flavour combination, and such an easy supper!
A perfect roast for Sunday lunch.
The tomatoes become wonderfully tender with a touch of crispiness, and are especially delicious with golden, buttery crust. Perfect for brunch or a light lunch.
For this delicious Beef Wellington, you’ll need festive wine gravy for that extra special holiday cheer.
The proof of this nostalgic classic-turned-vogue dessert lies in its legacy, taking a contemporary turn for the even better.
The fairest cauli of them all! Something about slicing up a whole cauliflower to serve, like you would a roast, feels very ceremonious – perfect for serving when entertaining, or as a simple weeknight meal. This dish is filled with the nourishing benefits of veggies, herbs and spices, and has a good dose of healthy fats too.
Subscribe to our FREE weekly newsletter for awesome recipes delivered to your inbox!