We used large pasta shells for this recipe.
By Susan Greig
Photograph by Graeme Borchers
Creamy ricotta, chilli and salmon-filled conchiglione
- 200g conchiglione (large pasta shells)
- 2 x 105g tins red salmon, drained, bones and skin removed and flaked
- 500g ricotta
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh chives, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) Parmesan, grated
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250ml (1 cup) fresh cream
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Cook the pasta in plenty of salted boiling water, for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Combine the salmon, ricotta, parsley, chives, celery, 125ml (½ cup) Parmesan and chilli (if using). Season to taste.
Fill each pasta shell with the salmon mixture and place in a baking dish. Pour the cream over, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until golden, for a further 15 minutes.