Super simple to make – these mini carrot muffins are ideal as an anytime treat or for lunchboxes. Why not spoil your loved ones (or yourself)?
Mini Carrot Muffins
- 325 g plain flour
- 125 g wholemeal flour
- 1 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 300 g unrefined caster sugar
- 300 ml light vegetable oil or other flavourless oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 100 g each chopped walnuts, desiccated coconut and sultanas
- 300 g carrots, grated
- 250 g tinned pineapple chunks, drained and puréed
- For The Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 280 g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 100 g butter, softened
- 100 g icing sugar, sifted
- You Will Need:
- 24 muffin cases and 2 x 12-hole muffin tins
Preheat the oven to 180 C, gas 4. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl. Add the oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat, then stir in the nuts, coconut, sultanas, carrots and pineapple. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned and a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes in their tins.
For the icing, beat half the cream cheese with the butter and sugar until combined then add the rest of the cream cheese. Refrigerate until required.
Fill a piping bag with your icing mixture and pipe swirls on to of each cupcake to finish, or simply spoon over the top.
Did you make this recipe? Tag us on Instagram @foodandhomesa!