A fun little breakfast treat.
Sage and prosciutto corn cakes
- 170g (1 cup) instant polenta
- 60g (½ cup) cake flour, sifted
- 5ml (1 tsp) baking powder, sifted
- pinch of bicarbonate of soda, sifted
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh sage leaves, chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 375ml (1½ cups) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 12 fresh sage leaves, extra
- 12 slices prosciutto
Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
Place the polenta, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, sage, salt, pepper, cream and eggs in a bowl and mix well to combine.
Place the extra sage leaves in the bases of 12 lightly greased 125ml (½ cup) capacity muffin tins. Line with the prosciutto and fill with the polenta mixture. Bake until cooked, about 15 – 20 minutes. Turn out to serve.