Recipe and styling by Sarah Dall
Photograph by Myburgh du Plessis
Honey, lime and ginger espetada
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on and deboned
- zest and juice of 3 limes
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp soya sauce
- 5cm thumb fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh green salad, to serve
Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl.
Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a jug and pour onto the chicken, making sure it is well coated. Cover and allow to marinate for about 45 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with foil.
Thread the thighs onto a large metal skewer, reserving the marinade. Place the skewer on the prepared baking tray and roast in the preheated oven, basting with the reserved marinade every 10 minutes, for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve with the fresh green salad.